Laurie Janus received her undergraduate degree in 1990 from Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts, and her law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1994. She has practiced criminal law in Virginia, and Social Security Disability law in Oregon and Wisconsin. Before moving to North Carolina, she was an assistant director at Legal Action of Wisconsin, where she helped hundreds of disabled prisoners get Social Security and other public benefits. She has been associated with the law firm of Kathleen Shannon Glancy, PA, since her move to Wilmington in 2012.
Ms. Janus is a member of the National Organization for Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR) and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ).
Areas of Practice
- Social Security – Disability
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- North Carolina, 2013
- Virginia, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1994
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D. – 1994
- Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts – 1990
- Major: Government
- Minor: Religion
- University of California, Berkeley, California – 1988